Friday, September 18, 2009

Obama admin: dismiss gay couple benefits lawsuit

I'm on the fence here because my cousin is the Deputy Attorney General for Massachusetts who is suing the federal government in this case.

Obama admin: dismiss gay couple benefits lawsuit. I believe marriage is the union between a man and a woman but I also believe that civil unions should be acknowledged by law.

Many in the gay movement want their partnerships to be recognized as "marriage" but that is twisting the word into a completely different definition. But if two people wish to unite in a partnership for life, then that union should be given the same legal status as a marriage.

Some would say this is creating a "separate but equal" loophole. I would respond that it is better than nothing.

I wish my cousin success because I believe that it is discrimination to not allow a gay partner to make decisions a spouse would but I do not believe in undermining the very nature of marriage either.

No comments:

Post a Comment