Monday, September 14, 2009

Big Brother Wants To Watch YOU


Uncle Sam Eyes Vehicle Tracking Tax
A Member of Congress proposes to use taxpayer money to fund the development of technology to track motorists as part of a new form of taxation. US Representative Earl Blumenauer (D-Oregon) introduced H.R. 3311 earlier this year to appropriate $154,500,000 for research and study into the transition to a per-mile vehicle tax system. The “Road User Fee Pilot Project” would be administered by the US Treasury Department. This agency in turn would issue millions in taxpayer-backed grants to well-connected commercial manufacturers of tolling equipment to help develop the required technology. Within eighteen months of the measure’s passage, the department would file an initial report outlining the best methods for adopting the new federal transportation tax.
Quite frankly, I am fairly certain I am the last American under 50 who has never owned a cell phone. One of the many reasons I am reluctant to own one was I never liked the idea of being reached at all times, any where I went.

Now the government is proposing they "track" my whereabouts so they can TAX me?!?

Not bloody likely, mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment