Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Not My Girl Scout

The United States wants to enlist its 3.4 million Girl Scouts in the effort to combat hurricanes, pandemics, terror attacks and other disasters.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) launched a campaign Tuesday to entice the blue, brown and green-clad multitudes to be even more prepared, with the promise of a new patch if they pitch in.
I am, admittedly a tad protective of my children. But I do not believe I am unreasonable when I say my Girl Scout daughter is NOT going to be helping "combat a terror attack".

US Girl Scouts prepare for war, pestilence. What the heck?!?

What is DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano suggesting? Surely, she means the older high school Girl Scouts because I see no reason why my elementary school-aged child should be helping out during a pandemic. That's an adult's job. Sure we will pitch in, we are a charitable family. But putting my children in harm's way during a disaster is never going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment