Thursday, August 13, 2009

Meet Your Angry Mob

Nancy Snyder says she kept quiet when abortion was legalized and prayer in schools was eliminated. Not this time.

"They did it for prayer, they did it for abortion, and they're not going to do it for our health care," the 70-year-old nurse from Philipsburg, Pa., said Wednesday as she and her husband Robert, 74, a retired coal miner, waited in a long, snaking line for Democratic Sen. Arlen Specter's town hall meeting.
Nancy makes a good point, if we are silent and passive we will continue to have our freedoms and our values steamrolled.

1 comment:

  1. Nancy's point reminds me of the quote from German anti-Nazi activist, Pastor Martin Niemöller:

    In Germany they first came for the Communists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

    Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

    Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

    Then they came for the Catholics,
    and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

    Then they came for me —
    and by that time no one was left to speak up.


    Yes, we must speak up for ourselves, for eventually there will be no one left to speak up for us.

    ReplyDelete