Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Been Following VodkaPundit For Years

Watch his "Hair of the Dog" here on PJTV. Always enjoyable.

When my husband launched his "The Edge Of England's Sword" website, VodkaPundit and Instapundit were also just starting. It was in some ways so frustrating because so few of our family and friends knew what blogging was.

My husband's old site (which I was a contributor on) ended up ranking 37th out of something like 123,000 political websites as described by Arts & Letters magazine one year. A bit later on, he was the first person to be fired for blogging (unfairly I might add as he had his old bosses permission and his "new" boss was aware of this).

Water under the bridge now. England's Sword is defunct and while I have this, my husband contributes to National Review's The Corner (as you've probably figured out) as well as several websites run by his think tank, Competitive Enterprise Institute.

Sorry about the trip down memory lane but watching VodkaPundit reminded me of how my husband first told me about him - that he drank a shot of vodka before posting which tickled my British husband immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment