Friday, February 20, 2009

Shocked, Shocked!

Amnesty International and a pro-Tibet group who expected Obama to press China on Human Rights announced that they were "shocked and extremely disappointed" by Clinton's saying, "our pressing on those issues can't interfere on the global economic crisis, the global climate change crisis and the security crisis."

Really? Even now, you are "shocked" that Obama isn't keeping any of his promises? I can tell you I am "extremely disappointed" but not by Obama - his behavior is exactly what expected, if perhaps only a little worse.

I am all for human rights. I do not always agree with all of Amnesty International's positions or tactics but I abhor the continued oppression and enslavement of human beings.

But Obama isn't out there to help others. He and his administration are only interested in the power grab for themselves. Mark my words, this will be an "I told you so" posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment