Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Just put the damn thing down

My husband has a crackberry and while, at times, it has been convenient, it mostly annoys me when he starts constantly checking it. If I am sitting next to you then I have not sent you an email, therefore no emails more important than me have arrived. Put the damn thing down.

All this leads to the pathetic handwringing over Obama giving up his Blackberry.

B. F. D.

The only good I can see is this:
Then there is the fashion concern. Mr. Obama is known to sport his BlackBerry in a holster on his belt, which to many is the sartorial equivalent of wearing socks with sandals. Ridding the president of the phone could avoid legitimizing that look.

It really is pathetic. Men's suits come with tons of pockets. Women carry purses. Put the damn thing away - out of sight. Wearing your cellphone does NOT make you appear important, rather sad and needy. Additionally, talking on your Bluetooth in the middle of a store or restaurant makes you look crazy - like the homeless talking to themselves.

And just for the record, the only time you should take a cellphone call is when you are alone. Period.

If you are not alone, make sure the damn call is truly urgent and excuse yourself from your company before continuing the call.

Anything less is rude, uncivil, and shameful.

Oh, and stop the car before you take a call. If you harm my children because you were driving and chatting at the same time, I will find you and stab you in your sleep. This I truly mean.

I have NO sympathy for Obama or any other crackberry addict (oh the irony).

Why?

I have never owned a cellphone or blackberry. There I said it.

Nope, never.

Yes, I know. Yes, I get that. Yes, I'm sure it would be handy.

But given all the bad behavior I see relative to cellphone and crackberry ownership, why would I want to risk that?

Obama give the damn thing up and deal. The rest of you, put the damn things down and act like civil human beings.

Sorry, I really had to get that off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment