Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama Bin Laden Dead



I want to thank the men and women of our armed forces and intelligence community for killing Osama Bin Laden. Thank you.

I grew up just outside of New York City, I lived in Manhattan when the World Trade Center was bombed the first time and I was living just a couple miles south of the Pentagon on September 11, 2001. We lost people we knew.

It should be a hateful thing to wish for someone's death but I feel no guilt or shame. While I understand the need and do not condemn it, I wish Americans hadn't celebrated so openly last night as I worry it puts us on the same level as those in islamic countries who celebrate when Americans are wounded.

But right now, I am crying. Not shouting. Not laughing but crying. With relief.

Thanks be to God that justice finally happened.

UPDATE: From the news reports, I think this line says all that needs to be said about Bin Laden and his followers: "U.S. officials also said one woman was killed when she was used as a shield by a male combatant, and two other women were injured."

Another Update (This from my facebook page):
Now I lay me down to sleep... one less terrorist this world does keep... with all my heart I give my thanks... to those in uniform regardless of ranks... you serve our country and serve it well... with humble hearts your stories tell... so as I rest my weary eyes... while freedom rings our flag still flies. you give your all, do what you must... with God we live and God we trust..
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment