Saturday, December 13, 2008

I'm Old

[sigh]

My great-grandmother lived to be nearly 100 (missed it by three months). She used to tell me about horse-drawn vehicles and when she got her first real fridge. The last delivery of heating coal was still in her basement when she died. And I remember seeing a horse-sled and scythes in her garage.

She went from that to NASA and miniskirts and the internet (she was a total news junkie and would have loved it). She saw the entire modernization of America over the course of her life.

Thinking of her while I've blogged a lot today (sorry), I suddenly remembered when you used to have to type out all the stuff instead of just clicking a button.

I used to feel old for vinyl records and a complete lack of remote controls. Now I feel old simply by not typing.

How old did my dear great-grandmother feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment