Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cyber Shopping Is My Friend

I shop like a man. I am a purpose-driven shopper.

I decide I need something. I go out and buy it. I come home.

I don't get any enjoyment out of visiting store after store looking for the perfect shade of purple gloves.

Could. Not. Care. Less.

Which is why I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Internet shopping. Some of them are like big department stores. Some of them are department stores. But it's just me and the computer.

No whining kids. No long waits at the cashier. No heavy bags to lug about.

Sooo much easier, it is almost worth paying the shipping costs.

All that said, I will still probably do a substantial chunk of my Christmas shopping at Nordstrom Rack (the best bargains ever!) and a few random shops.

However I will recommend a couple of happy websites that have become my shopping standbys.

If you go to hasbrotoyshop.com and search for "play-a-thon" you can get 10 Hasbro toys (some dups) for $80 plus shipping. It is sorted by age category and is perfect for gifts to a wide variety of kids. You may just want to order one to have on hand for birthday gifts throughout the year.

Oh, and pearloutlet.com is my go-to place for high-value, high-impact, LOW priced pearl jewelry. Their products come in beautiful presentation boxes and with a signed by a gemologist certificate verifying replacement value.

I do love a bargain.

Finally, winecountrygiftbaskets.com has a whole section of gift baskets ranging from $20 - $200 with free shipping. And their online ordering is fantastic. You can select up to 50 different baskets going to 50 different people, order them all at once and put it on one credit card. If you live in a state that doesn't let you ship wine by mail, no problem. They have a wide variety of non-wine baskets too.

Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment