Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Animal Planet

I am oddly relieved to read here that they've found the "missing link" between humans and animals.

I've often felt that humans suffer from too much pride when it comes to our place in the natural world. We are deeply connected to the other animals on this planet sharing vast quantities of our DNA.

I really loved that The Human Animal TV series with Desmond Morris for how he pointed out that even our "human" behavior had animalistic origins.

Nor do I believe this conflicts with my religious beliefs. God can easily have created everything in the manner of God's own choosing. We are merely attempting to understand God when we make discoveries such as these.

So long and short, I'm just darn happy our animal connection to life here on this planet has been made.

No comments:

Post a Comment