Friday, June 29, 2012

Interesting Times

While I admit my initial reaction was shock and disappointment, I held off on commenting because I wanted to see what far more learned and intelligent people have to say.  And the more I read, the happier I became about this decision.

We have a long, long fight in front of us but I think SCOTUS's Obamacare decision is a striking blow against the progressives and I am thrilled.

The articles which influenced my thinking on this are below:

The Decision to Uphold the Mandate as Tax Represents a Gestalt Shift in Constitutional Law

Is the Supreme Court’s Health-Care Ruling a Turning Point in Constitutional Law? This one is by Randy Barnett and is very important

A Modest Proposal The chief justice threw down the gauntlet on Thursday to those of us who support limited government.

SCOTUS Ruling: Bring on Kate Smith & Reactions UPDATED

Five Possible Silver Linings in the Obamacare Decision

Jensen: Does the Taxing Clause Give Congress Unlimited Power?

Roberts is not the goat in today’s Supreme Court decision

No comments:

Post a Comment