Monday, December 15, 2008

Walmart Restored

In the post below, I discuss my strong feelings about freedom to pay how I want to pay. I wrote it because some years ago Walmart did it to me.

Now, I've always defended Walmart but I stopped going to Walmart and giving them my business because I couldn't give them a check without Walmart treating it like a debit card.

Big No-No with me. I complained all the way to their head of marketing (yes, I am that persistant). It was that incident that had me research the whole check-writing vs. debit card thing I discuss below.

Today however, Walmart is a bit restored into my good graces.

Apparently, the Sorry Sliders game is the single hottest toy in the Christmas market this year. Hasbro (via Parker Brothers) no longer has it in stock. Amazon.com is selling it for nearly $60. And I went to Toys R Us, a Walmart and two Targets looking for it (respective websites said they had it but they lied).

Finally, I checked a second Walmart we have in our area, not only did the Toy department answer right away, they found the game and but it aside for me. Needless to say, I made the 7 mile trip across town in record time and thanked the lady with tears in my eyes. (It was the only toy my daughter asked the big guy for and this could be the last year she does that.)

Walmart came through. I paid with a debit card (I know better now) but that I was able to keep my daughter's faith intact for one more year, is my Christmas miracle.

Thank you Walmart.

1 comment: