Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Three Cheers for the Sunset Caucus

(Posted by Kevin D. Williamson over at NRO-The Corner

Finally, a Republican congressional project worth getting behind:

Republican Study Committee Chairman Tom Price, Congressman Kevin Brady, Congressman Jason Chaffetz, and other members of the RSC will unveil the Sunset Caucus, a permanent new initiative to shrink the size of government by eliminating federal programs, offices, and agencies. Each member of the Sunset Caucus will adopt a part of the federal government that has outlived its use or never should have been created and offer an amendment to strike it during the appropriations process, as well as introduce a stand alone bill to do the same.
While I completely agree with Mr. Williamson and the Congressional Representatives involved, I would like to point out that I had mentioned this in one of my earliest posts "25 Things I Would If I Ran The Country". Numbers 7, 8, and 11 to be specific although I'd love numbers 24 and 25 included as well.

It's nice to see the boys are falling in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment