Friday, August 14, 2009

An Email I Received

Below is an email from a family member who is having some Obama-Voter-Remorse - she must have found it amusing else she wouldn't have sent it to me. Of course, I can't say I told you so to this person as everyone knows family politics are waaaay more intense than regular ones.

Memo from the Boss:

Employees,

As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama is our President, and that our Taxes and Government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%.

Since we can not increase our prices right now due to the dismal economy, we will have to lay off six employees instead. This has been really bothering me since I believe we are a family here and I didn’t know how to choose who would have to go.

So this is what I did. I walked through our parking lot and found six Obama bumper stickers on our employees’ cars and decided those folks will be the ones to go. I can’t think of a more fair way to approach this problem. They voted for change, I gave it to them.

I will see the rest of you at the annual Company picnic.

Your Boss

No comments:

Post a Comment