Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Deep Denial

Specter and his cohorts are still in deep denial over many Americans rejection of Obamacare.

Sample quotes from this Yahoo.com article, here.
McCaskill said she was "proud of the people that showed up and I don't take that personally."
"It's that they don't trust government right now," she said on NBC's "Today" show.
No, sweetcheeks, we do not trust you. Because (and it is a shame I have to explain this to a sitting member of Congress) here in America our government is the People. The government is not some separate entity from Congress or the President or the Supreme Court (although the Supreme Court has the least direct connection to the People). Here in America, no "government" is too big to fail if the American People decide that government is no longer representing them.

And from Specter we get this...
"I'm not going to complain about being organized. They have a right to speak," he said, "but I think we have to explain, they're not necessarily representative of America. I think they're vocal. I don't think they're representative."
Clearly, Specter is so old that he has forgotten these things are recorded. I watched a fair portion of this townhall and there were supporters on both sides of the issue. It's just that the opponents of Obamacare were clearly in the majority. That seems pretty representational to me, Congressman Crypt-Keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment