Monday, January 26, 2009

Boy Down

Will try to blog later but I am a mother first.

My youngest is ill with a nasty cough and I am furious because the FDA no longer sanctions the use of many OTC cold medicines for children under 6 years old.

One year it is okay, then next I have to watch my child suffer for some ridiculous precautionary principle dingus scientist.

Some idiot with no children of his own is telling me I have to watch my child cough until he vomits because of some slight chance a medicine might do more harm than good.

I have to give my kid honey and humidifiers instead of proper medicine that worked on my older child because some regulation-happy pencil-necked geek.

(Yes, I said dingus.)

My baby is ill and I am feeling a tad Mother-Bear-Ferocious right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment