Monday, September 7, 2009

Obama's Speech To The Students

It's actually a rather good speech to students. I may even read it to my children.

Read it yourself here.

I just hated, hated, hated the Dept. of Education's "guidelines". They were disturbing. But so many newspapers (like this Financial Times report here) are assuming it was the paranoia about Obama that was the problem. It really wasn't. It was the propaganda-esque guidelines the DoE were sending with it, that upset me the most.

Finally, I was really concerned that my SID son would be unable to sit still on his first day of Kindergarten to listen to a lengthy speech that he probably won't fully understand.

As I wrote in an Obamacare Daily Round-Up...
There is something frightening and indoctrinaire about Obama giving a speech directly to students, aka our children in general. But specifically this also smacks of propaganda when he releases this "Pre-K - 6 Menu of Classroom Activities: President Obama's Address To Students Across America" telling teachers how to "discuss" Obama's message AND related projects to do afterwards. Building America's future one indoctrinated child at a time?

No comments:

Post a Comment