Thursday, December 18, 2008

Freaking Motherhood

Let's just state that this article pretty much sums it up for me.

Yes, mother's over-react to stuff. It's our JOB. We're mothers. Our job is to keep you alive, happy, and healthy until you become independent adults. And then we worry about you getting married and giving us grandchildren.

It is what we are supposed to do.

I have a very strong belief that if you did a CAT scan of a woman, before, during and after a pregnancy, you would see actual architectural changes in her brain.

I am still me but I got rewired while pregnant. My sense of smell is obnoxious (ask my husband). I can hear pins and toys drop on carpet two floors away. I know what my kids are doing without turning my head. I call this my "mom antenna" and I apparently grew it sometime in the eighth month of my first pregnancy.

At any rate, that article is pretty on the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment