Sunday, November 16, 2008

Why We Must Fight

I am the wife of an immigrant - a legal Green Card immigrant - so believe me when I say that illegal immigration is wrong.

I whole-heatedly support legal immigration (I worked real hard to bring my husband into this country legally) but I hate and abhor illegal immigration.

Why?

Because the very act of entering this country illegally is tantamount to breaking-and-entering into a home. This is my country and I have the right to know who is here.

The Houston Chronicle reports that "thousands of inmates admit they're in the U.S. illegally, but even those convicted of violent crimes are often released right back onto Houston's streets".

Unacceptable.

Let me be clear. On my mother's side of the family, we've been here since 1634. We were farmers who never left our little patch of Massachusetts until one of us joined the Union Army to free the slaves. My father's side of the family came over two generations ago and fought the Germans in World War Two.

We owe no one anything. And as far as I am concerned whether you are Mayflower family or Off-The-Boat, if you commit to America you are an American and have every right to our Founding Fathers as I do.

But if you don't commit then why are you bothering except to be a parasite?

Does America need commitment or parasites?

No comments:

Post a Comment